Wednesday, April 30, 2008

meme about me

sourced from Kansas Bob's blog:

1. WHO WERE YOU NAMED AFTER? - my first name is all my own, my middle name (Sylvia) was my mother's name

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? - I cry a lot when I read

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? - I was a terrible writer as a child (poor motor skills) These days my hand writing is acceptable, but it will never be a thing of beauty

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? - Lunch meat?? a good leg ham is nice, but if I want to be wickedly self-indulgent, the ultimate is smoked salmon

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? - 2 (boy 28, girl 23)

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? - I'm pretty confident I can say yes to this

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? - I try to only use it for humour, not for put downs, but some people who know me would be surprised at how many painfully sarcastic things I think but don't say

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS - Unless they snuck off somewhere on their own ..

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? - I won't even go on a slippery dip!

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL? - not a cereal person, when it's the only option I eat cocoa pops if I'm feeling naughty, and muesli if I'm pretending to be virtuous

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? - Never unless they're lace ups, and rarely then!

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? - Not physically

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM? - Way too hard to call .. mango? berry? jaffa?

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? - Their expression

15. RED OR PINK? - Dark pink please

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOU? - This could be a list: my weight? my very fair English type skin (very hard to live with in the Aussie climate)my procrastinatory tendencies?

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? - no one particularly

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO RESPOND? - I hate putting pressure on people

19. WHAT COLOUR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? - blue jeans (with embroidered flowers) black shoes

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? - tinned apricots with honey yogurt and a little grated chocolate

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? - the hum of the computer

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE? - purple -- a nice deep violet

23. FAVOURITE SMELLS - fresh bread, cinnamon, spring flowers

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? - a lady from church who was asking me to pray for her

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? - I'm sure he's a great guy!

26. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? - not very sporty, will occasionally watch cricket

27. HAIR COLOUR? - dark brown (artificially maintained these days)

28. EYE COLOUR? - Blue

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? - Nup. wear glasses part time and au naturel the rest

30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS - I don't like/watch scary movies, but I think sometimes a sad (or bittersweet) ending is artistically right

31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? - the Kite Runner (great movie)

32. WHAT COLOUR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? - dark brown

33. SUMMER OR WINTER? - Summer

34. HUGS OR KISSES? - Hugs (but why not both?)

35. FAVOURITE DESSERT? - definitely too hard -- probably homne made chocolate cheesecake

36. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? - no idea

37. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? - people who don't read my blog (most of the human race!!!)

38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? - currently re-reading through David edding's sagas .. favourite old books can be comfort recreation when I've got sermons etc to work through. Will take a bunch of new ones away with me on holidays next week

39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? - I have been delivered from mouse pads (use an optical mouse)

40. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? - didn't watch tv

41. FAVORITE SOUND? - running water, birdsong, beautiful music

42. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? - Beatles (but I'd rather have 60s folk music than either of that period)

43. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? - Phuket (on a cruise that went from Singapore up the coast of Malaysia. Phuket was the furthest north)

44. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? - how special? I can do a lot of things a bit -- write poetry, preach, tell stories . I'm a reasonably creative cook and have a good eye for colour

45. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Sydney (in an inner city hospital

2 comments:

Suzanne R said...

I have done this meme, Lynne. In the process of answering one question, I asked you for an explanation if one of your answers, so if you have the time to check that out and clue me in, I would be most grateful. :-)

kc bob said...

Enjoyed the read Lynne - but I don't know about #25.. and I didn't know that watching crickets was a sport :)