Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I want to dance ..

This started out as a piece of lyric frivolity -- and then I realised it wasn't quite so frivolous after all ..

I want to dance, within your arms,
Across the mountains of the moon
Be unconstrained by gravities
(For morning always comes too soon.)

I want to laugh in polka dots
And see the star-clouds scurry by
To taste the flavour of the Spring
In winter’s final lullaby.

I want to be where hearts are whole
Where sorrow’s tearing teeth are stilled
Where tears are wiped and death is dead
And every promise is fulfilled.

I want to walk the sunset’s rays
The day that brighter light shall shine
Soar to salute a world new-made
And drown in Love more rich than wine.

1 comment:

Kevin Knox said...

Lynne,

At work, where I do most of my blog reading, I'm not allowed to comment on so very many of your posts I find beautiful and telling. That's also one of the reasons I'm not doing much blogging these days at all. But this is one more example of your artistic insight.

Sorrows tearing teeth.

Yeah.

You wrote about how much you wish you could be an artist. I have to admit, that post just confused me. I've seen you as an artist from day one.

Thank you for sharing these treasures with us.