Sunday, May 07, 2006

via crucis -- sixth posting

19.
You step across my walls and mock them
In the spirit of Sanballat, decrying my defences
Kicking a crumbled edge.

Further, you challenge the plans
Saying they are mis-drawn,
And the ground is really yours.

And furthermore, and so on (while the arguments continue)
You question why I should need walls at all
What’s yours is mine and (so much more important)
What’s mine is always, absolutely yours.

Lines on the sand?
Waves of your strength erase them.
Property rights? But I am property!
If you will hold me, why should I claim self-space?
If I have you, then why do I need me?
My walls fall down at your cacophony!

And the laughter of the Horonite is heard throughout my kingdom ..

20.
I will arise and go where living waters flow
Over the desert sands, walking the empty lands
I will arise and go where living waters flow.

I will go forth to be all you have summoned me
Empty, alone, afraid, terrified and dismayed
I will go forth to be what you have summoned me.

I will arise and go where living waters flow
Thirsty, I sink, I fall, yet all your rivers call
I will arise and go where living waters flow.

I will go forth to be all you have summoned me
I have no self, no voice your glory calls “Rejoice!”
I will go forth to be all you have summoned me.

21.
Protect yourselves, oh sheep, against a lamb
A wounded bleeding lamb who bleats in pain
And says the shepherds beat her, turn away
And run back to your guardian wolves again.

Let no blood fall upon your meadows fair
Let no sheep’s cry disturb the music sweet
Of lulling pipes by some false shepherd played
Do not be burdened by despair’s harsh bleat.

Let her limp slowly, over stony ground
Turned from the fold because her wounds were real
Fear of the shepherds dulls her longing eyes
There is no mercy, there is no appeal.

No comments: